Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Nomy Rosenberg Trio
Lens: DA* 50-135 + Hoya HD cir.polarizer Camera: K200D Photo Location: Otava Happy Jazz Festival ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: Horst-Helmut, 08-08-2010, 07:34 AM

Nomy Rosenberg Trio playing at 25th Otava Happy Jazz Festival.

Very harsh conditions lightwise, sun shining straight to the stage. I discarded most of the pictures because of that. Faces in the shade and lower body in full sun with some artists wearing white dresses, just not enough dynamics in the sensor for most of the pictures. I tried to rescue some in PP but it couldnt be done in a way that it wouldn't lower the overall quality. When the trio was playing sun had gone a bit lower so got some keepers.

But the Nomy Rosenberg Trios gig, oh my god! He must be one of the best guitarists alive. They played a lot of Django Reinhardts material, as it was Django swing tour and this is year 100 years have passed since the birth of Django. When I was not taking pictures I was smiling like an idiot because of the technical skill they showed. One of the best live gigs I've been to. If you have a chance to see them I suggest you go, even if you don't like gypsy jazz.

_Photo removed due to copyright infringements I found_

From left to right: Nomy Rosenberg, Arnoud van der Berg, Ringo Steinbach

Last edited by Horst-Helmut; 08-22-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Views: 3,771
08-08-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fantastic shot- very well lit!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-08-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great shot of three musicians that look very serious about their work.

Jer
08-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #4

Great shot here and those on your site! Django was one of the greatest guitarists. I wish I could be there to hear this trio.

08-09-2010, 06:44 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks everybody!

I mentioned this in another thread, I met 3 other pentaxians on the festival. Quite much for a festival with ~3000 people.
08-16-2010, 07:58 AM   #6

Loistava kuva loistavasta triosta. En ole oikein valokuvauksen harrastaja, mutta Nomy Rosenberg Trio on tulossa jälleen ensi kesänä!

Alpertti Kola, Nomy Rosenberg Trion kiertueen tuottaja.
08-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Eye Candy Sells Tickets

Nomy and young Django share a resemblance yes? Now I'm fascinated with this music and Trio. I do not have MP3 player I will search for a CD. Would be nice to find this shot on the cover. You and Alpert should discuss business.

BTW I love the name Ringo Steinbach.

Thanks for sharing your picture and your enthusiasm.

.edit, i only meant to insert link. if this offends rules..please advise or ??.

Last edited by EyeSpy; 08-16-2010 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Nomy not Romy and edit note.
08-16-2010, 03:32 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alpertti Kola Quote
Loistava kuva loistavasta triosta. En ole oikein valokuvauksen harrastaja, mutta Nomy Rosenberg Trio on tulossa jälleen ensi kesänä!

Alpertti Kola, Nomy Rosenberg Trion kiertueen tuottaja.
Kiitos molemmille kommenteista ja herra Kolalle erityisen suuri kiitos trion järjestämisestä Suomeen. / Thank you both for your comments and special thanks to mister Kola for getting the trio in Finland.
Täytyypä aloittaa viidakkorummutus ensi kesän keikasta / I have to start jungledrumming for the next years gig.

I found Django's music when I accidentally saw Woody Allens movie called Sweet & lowdown, I was sold that second when I heard the music in it.

08-17-2010, 12:11 AM   #9

Hyvä Horst-Helmut ja muut gypsy swingin ystävät!

Anteeksi edelleen kirjoitteluni täysin ohitse valokuvauksen, mutta Horst-Helmutin kirjoitus trion Otavan-konsertista oli niin mahtava, että se sytytti minut, ukon homman takana.

Kiitokset, ukko nimimerkin Alpertti Kola takaa, mutta suunnittelemassa jo ensi kesän Nomy Rosenberg Trion kiertuetta.

P.S. Tämän vielä laitan: Täältä voi ladata Trion CD:n:

http://www.poimuri.fi/Magellan/render/artist?personId=1188356
09-08-2010, 08:10 AM   #10

Original Poster
This shot was accepted in PPG.

Thanks if anyone of you voted.