Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
a few from my time in Chile
Lens: M28 2.8 or M50 1.4 Camera: Pentax MX Photo Location: Chile 
Posted By: josh.sa, 08-11-2010, 04:53 PM

Recently went to Chile to do some archival research, so although I was in the archive most days, I had some time to take some pictures too. Im posting a few here, but the entire album is on my facebook page .
comments, constructive criticism, etc, is more than welcome. im working on technique and my eye, and I dont know many photographers, so anything is helpful.
Valparaiso (Portra 160 VC)

Market. Valparaiso (Portra 160 VC)

local chicha production. Aconcagua. (TriX 400 pushed 800)

Metro tunnel. Santiago (TriX 400 pushed 800)

Bus stop. Santiago (TriX 400 pushed 800)

Parking garage and attendant. Santiago (TriX 400 pushed 800)

Bridge over the Mapocho river. Santiago (Ektar 100)

Views: 2,131
08-12-2010, 01:35 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great series- and it's also nice to see some film shots from time to time. I especially like the last photo

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Agree with Adam, nice series.

The first and last are my favorites.
08-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
thanks adam and wshi. the last one is indeed one of my favorites from the trip, and was not planned: i made an exposure looking the exact opposite direction, turned around to leave and quickly made another exposure.

08-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was recently in Chile myself and one of the things that really struck me was the beautiful doors everywhere. The most awful looking homes had the most amazing colorful doors. I was there working and did not have a lot of time for photos, but if I ever go back I am going to take 1000 pictures of doors.
08-17-2010, 05:26 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GregK8 Quote
I was recently in Chile myself and one of the things that really struck me was the beautiful doors everywhere. The most awful looking homes had the most amazing colorful doors. I was there working and did not have a lot of time for photos, but if I ever go back I am going to take 1000 pictures of doors.
if you think the doors in chile are wonderful, try the andes, particularly the peruvian and ecuadorian andes. maybe not as colorful, but incredible designs.
this is one of my favorite facades from my trip. the doors isnt much, but the red was amazing, ive always enjoyed red next to black, and the graffiti and old flyers wheat pasted on gave it a perfect look. it is from vina del mar.
08-19-2010, 06:51 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good series! I really like the first shot, it is kind of cubism-like in its composition and structure, gives the artistic punch!
10-19-2010, 09:49 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax Chile - PentaxForums.com

10-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #9

great series - thanks for sharing.
I have been meaning to try Ektar 100 for a while - good to see it can produce subtle tones as well.