Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Proud moment: My first Photo Expo in a Gallery
Posted By: ismaelg, 08-12-2010, 09:15 PM

Hello,

Puerto Rico's State Commision for Elections supports local art and has a nice art gallery in their building. (Hey, what do they do in 4 years between the elections anyway? )
Today (8-12-10) they inaugurated a Photography Expo that will be there for 4 weeks, featuring photographers from all parts of the island. I was blessed in having my entry selected for the expo. But I was really honored last week when I was asked to be the keynote speaker in the ceremony.
My speech revolved around the ever changing history of the art of photography from the technology standpoint, but how the most important part remains the same: The eye and mind behind the camera.
I felt really honored and we had a great time with friends old and new, family and beautiful pictures in a nice gallery.

My photography Zen-zei master ninja go-to guy, me and 2 good friends from our local photo club posing in front of my entry. These guys have been instrumental in my advancement in photography in the last year or so. They shoot Canon but nobody's perfect

My beloved family

It was a real honor and a proud moment. And yes, still the only Pentaxian there
By the way, my entry is the fiery sunset I posted here months ago.
Just wanted to share.

Thanks,
Views: 1,833
08-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations Ismael. And there are a lot of more stupid things they could do between elections
08-12-2010, 10:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congratulations! The photo deserves a place in more advanced expositions, but it's good you had it exhibited somewhere.
08-13-2010, 09:44 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey, congrats, my friend. You've got lots to be proud of - especially that beautiful family.

Jer