Last edited by skinja; 08-16-2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Changed photo size
Views: 2,738
08-17-2010, 02:32 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Must be a wonderful picnic spot!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-17-2010, 02:40 AM   #3
Veteran Member

That is really spectacular terrain. Great shot.
08-17-2010, 06:04 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
John ! Good to see ya hope all is well We may hookup again if Grant has anything to do with it !

I like this shot - something out of the 1960's Batman Series with the angle. Well done.

08-17-2010, 06:43 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Great shot... Did you four-wheel up there and check out the mine itself? (yeah I know it's not very safe, but sometimes ya just have to tempt fate....)

Jim
08-17-2010, 03:47 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Great to see some of your work again John. JIM
08-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Must be a wonderful picnic spot!
It is and your always welcome.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
That is really spectacular terrain. Great shot.
And just so much area to choose from, thanks for looking.

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
John ! Good to see ya hope all is well We may hookup again if Grant has anything to do with it !

I like this shot - something out of the 1960's Batman Series with the angle. Well done.
Thanks Dave, all is well, A little more work would be great, but it's coming along. You, Grant and Jimbo sounds like trouble to me, Colorado would never be the same. I did tell you I love the hat didn't I

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Great shot... Did you four-wheel up there and check out the mine itself? (yeah I know it's not very safe, but sometimes ya just have to tempt fate....)

Jim
We did complete the drive, but we didn't spend as much time up there as I would have liked. Some how I think I'll be back up there. So many mines up here this may not be the best one. I'll work on finding better ones. are you still in NEBR?

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Great to see some of your work again John. JIM
Jimbo, thanks buddy. I like this place and missed it. I'll try not to be out as long next time.

08-17-2010, 06:04 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by skinja Quote
We did complete the drive, but we didn't spend as much time up there as I would have liked. Some how I think I'll be back up there. So many mines up here this may not be the best one. I'll work on finding better ones. are you still in NEBR?
I am still in Nebraska, but not for long... I leave for a week's meeting in Peurto Rico on the 29th, get back on the 4th, pack up the moving van on the 7th and head west on the 8th :-)

We'll be settling in to the lovely little town of Gig Harbor, down by Tacoma. Can't afford the really scenic views, but we'll be close to them

Jim
08-17-2010, 06:16 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice image, I really like it.
08-17-2010, 07:54 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I am still in Nebraska, but not for long... I leave for a week's meeting in Peurto Rico on the 29th, get back on the 4th, pack up the moving van on the 7th and head west on the 8th :-)

We'll be settling in to the lovely little town of Gig Harbor, down by Tacoma. Can't afford the really scenic views, but we'll be close to them

Jim
I know Gig Harbor, Just lived on the other side of the bridge (Narrows, Galloping girdie) for years. It is a very scenic area and I look forward to your touch on the pictures. I assume the misses got the nursing job. Best of luck to you in your move.

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Nice image, I really like it.
Thanks Heinrich.
08-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #11

This photo is very pleasant to look at. Thanks for the great work!
08-17-2010, 09:40 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by A8YANG Quote
This photo is very pleasant to look at. Thanks for the great work!
Thank you, I appreciate the kind words.
08-18-2010, 07:05 AM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by skinja Quote
I know Gig Harbor, Just lived on the other side of the bridge (Narrows, Galloping girdie) for years. It is a very scenic area and I look forward to your touch on the pictures. I assume the misses got the nursing job. Best of luck to you in your move.
I'm looking forward to doing some shooting around the area with my new 12-24... I bought it mostly for the upcoming trip to PR, but I have plans for it in the new home port too!

Yes, Sue got hired on at a very nice new clinic, as one of their Family Practice docs. Looking forward to a much nicer work environment than the one she's left...

Jim
08-25-2010, 06:35 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Rain

I'm looking forward to doing some shooting around the area with my new 12-24... I bought it mostly for the upcoming trip to PR, but I have plans for it in the new home port too!

Yes, Sue got hired on at a very nice new clinic, as one of their Family Practice docs. Looking forward to a much nicer work environment than the one she's left...

Jim
I hope you enjoy the weather, when it is nice not to many other places I'd rather be. For the other 290 days I kind of like Denver.

Best regards,

John