Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Tips wanted, water drop photography
Lens: 100mm Bellow-takumar Camera: K100d Photo Location: Tasmania ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F16 
Posted By: Yaro, 08-17-2010, 07:44 AM

I am trying to get some good photos of scenes through water droplets. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I figured out that to have the water droplet image in focus, i need to focus in front of the drop. I'm thinking it would make for a nice image at low aperture so that everything but the drop image is out of focus.

Ideas?

Attached Images

Views: 4,053
08-17-2010, 09:27 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think that it's definitely important to use a small aperture. You'll also want to try to use a darker background so that the reflections become apparent.

Check out eaglem's shots for some good examples!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: