Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Water Lenses
Lens: 100mm Bellow-takumar + bellows Camera: k100d Photo Location: Tasmania ISO: 200 
Posted By: Yaro, 08-18-2010, 09:35 PM

After playing around with settings for a while, I managed to get 3 nice photos in about 1 hour. These are almost full-size, maybe 80% crops.

A quick question, are those black dots i missed in photo number 3 certainly dust on the censor (I clone tool'd them out in the other photos)? I spent a fair bit of time using a blower and they still seem to show up :S
Views: 2,016
08-19-2010, 01:58 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yup, that's definitely dust. Would be nice if your camera had DR. You might have to manually clean the sensor.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-19-2010, 03:46 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yeah, just as I thought. Can anyone link me to a safe way to practically clean the censor?

Also if anyone has advice on getting the refractive images better quality please share your tricks.

Also, I noticed that when my camera takes a photo (using a tripod, fill extension bellows mount, 10 sec delay), the image "shakes" a bit from the shutter/mirror doing it's job. Does this effect image quality, and how do I stop it?
08-19-2010, 06:00 PM   #4

I wouldn't sweat too much about cleaning the sensor, it can be risky when doing it yourself and expensive to pay some one else to do it.

Generally such dust spots only show up during macro work, especially when reversing a lens. I get quite a lot of them that only show during macro work, it's just a bit of extra work in your chosen processing software to clone them out.

I get a lot of them as I'm often throwing lenses about when taking shots, so the camera does spend a little time outdoors in the open with no lens on it. I just make sure i blow it all out at the end of a shoot and only a couple remain which I clone out. They only show when reversing a lens for me.

08-20-2010, 03:35 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Cheers for the tip tails. I think I'm going to place my camera in a desiccant chamber so that the dust dries out and then try to blow it off.