Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Hawk outside my office window
Lens: Promaster 70-300 Camera: K100D Photo Location: Lincoln NE ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: RoxnDox, 08-19-2010, 08:54 AM

These shots were taken this morning looking out my office window... Not too bad, considering it was a consumer-grade zoom lens and thru a dirty tinted double-pane window. Range about 40-50 feet, out in the grass around our building. K100D, Promaster 70-300 zoom. The shot with him sitting on the building next door is around 80-90 yards, 100% crop. PP was mostly just a touch of sharpening, and lightening hte shadows to show detail on his shadowed side.

He swooped in, played around tossing the wood chips around (looking for edibles, presumably), went off and sat on the building next door a while (long enough for me to go grab camera from car), then came back. I was able to get a few shots that weren't too blurry...

Jim

Last edited by RoxnDox; 12-09-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Views: 1,735
08-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Nice capture