Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Banff Trip
Lens: 18-55 and 55-300 Camera: K-x Photo Location: Banff 
Posted By: shahnc, 08-19-2010, 03:56 PM

So I took a trip to Banff a few weeks ago and thought I'd share some of the more decent shots with you all. Out of the over 500 shots I took I consider these worth showing. The rest are....not so good. I'll start off with a couple of panoramas (my first attempt at doing this) and then you can see the rest of them. This was my first trip to Banff and I have to say that it was a lot of fun. Comments are appreciated.

And then I tried doing this in monochrome...

There are a few more I'd like to show but I'll leave those for another thread. Thanks for watching!
Views: 1,908
08-19-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful photos! I'd recommend some basic PP on a few of them, though, as some of them could use stronger colors, shaprening, and rotating/cropping

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-19-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Love this area and really like the last B&W shot. JIM
08-19-2010, 04:36 PM   #4

I agree with Jim, the tension in the last B&W shot is just great. I love the inky dark landscape with the light rays streaming through the clouds and haze.

08-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you for the comments. I quite enjoyed the B&W shot myself. I'll play around with the rest some more to see if I can make them better. And yes, they do need some more work.
08-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Having never been to Banff, I'm not sure what to expect color-wise, but some of the shots remind me of my earlier film/slide days, almost an Ektachrome feeling. The B/W to me, however, looks like you shot it through a car window or other glass because it appears to have reflections to my eyes.