Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
head shot
Lens: 100WR Camera: K7 Photo Location: on the house ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: dgaies, 08-19-2010, 04:07 PM

Views: 1,601
08-19-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great composition! Might be nicer if it were a bit darker, though.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The colours are fine with me, but I'd prefer the focus to be on the head and to me it seems it's on the right. on the plant.
08-19-2010, 05:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Great composition! Might be nicer if it were a bit darker, though.
Thanks It was actually about a stop darker to start and I pushed it a bit during the RAW conversion... perhaps a bit too much?

QuoteOriginally posted by lidy Quote
The colours are fine with me, but I'd prefer the focus to be on the head and to me it seems it's on the right. on the plant.
I was aiming for his head as the focal point, but my hands weren't that steady, and at 1/90s I didn't fully nail it. For what it's worth, there's actually no plant, that's all him (or her)

08-19-2010, 05:37 PM   #5

Love it, great expression.

Mantid seem very aware that you're around when you're trying to snap them, they seem to look at you.
08-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tails Quote
Love it, great expression.

Mantid seem very aware that you're around when you're trying to snap them, they seem to look at you.
You're totally correct! He was completely aware of me and would turn his head and look at me every time I changed position or snapped the shutter. I actually had the DA35 on at one point and was at the min focusing distance and he didn't seem to mind that his head was pretty much inside the hood

I had actually never seen one that close before. I was just driving my car into the garage and noticed that I thought was a piece of a vine on the siding. I looked more closely, saw it was alive, and went to grab my camera