Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
DIY Laser Projection Microscopy!
Lens: 8 element 50mm 1.4 super tak Camera: k100d Photo Location: My House ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: Yaro, 08-23-2010, 08:51 AM

So I saw this setup on a website a while back, and decided to give it a try myself for fun. It involves using a water droplet as a lens to project a laser through, thus showing all the bugs in the water.

Here's what I came up with in the end. First two pics are of the setup, then the next three are of the abstracts. The only PP work is saturation/levels.

Edit; I should say the first two pics are with a fujifilm finepix point n click camera,

Attached Images

Views: 2,597
08-23-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Yaro, looks like its alot of fun, my son had a science project few years ago,
involved laser, galvonometer(foil strips in glass jar), old watch with bio-luminescent
numbers. Would setup laser few feet from Galv to reflect off foil and continue few
feet further to wall. Watch would be brought close to Galv. , electron flow would occur
which foil would react to by spreading apart, causing beam to deflect, at wall you could detect movment easily. made a gieger counter.