Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A few more from Ontario as I work my way through editing
Camera: K20D Photo Location: Ontario, Canada 
Posted By: newmikey, 08-23-2010, 08:13 PM

The Peterborough Lift Lock is a boat lift located on the Trent Canal in the city of Peterborough, Ontario, Canada and is Lock 21 on the Trent-Severn Waterway.

The dual lifts are the highest hydraulic boat lifts in the world, with a lift of 19.8 m (65 ft).

Its proximity to Algonquin Provincial Park makes this protected waterway almost an Algonquin appendage, but it's a park in its own right, and for good reason. Oxtongue River – Ragged Falls contains many features of local significance. The small plunge basin at Gravel Falls demonstrates the powerful, erosive force of glacial meltwater.

Hundreds of shoes (from a collection numbering over 10,000) are on exhibit in architect Raymond Moriyama's award-winning four-storey structure, the Bata shoe museum in Toronto.

The CN Tower, located in Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada, is a communications and observation tower standing 553.3 metres (1,815 ft) tall and remains the tallest free-standing structure in the Western Hemisphere, the signature icon of Toronto's skyline, and a symbol of Canada

Algonquin Provincial Park is a provincial park located between Georgian Bay and the Ottawa River in Central Ontario, Canada, mostly within the Unorganized South Part of Nipissing District. It is the oldest provincial park in Canada having been established in 1893.

Views: 1,712
08-24-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Those look like some beautiful scenery!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-24-2010, 11:07 AM   #3
rhe
Closed Account

Outstanding photos. Excellent composition and editing. Well done!

I have lived in Ontario for over 50 years yet you have inspired me to look at many familiar places with fresh eyes.
08-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You have a creative eye for composition. Good work!

08-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
Forum Member

Great shots, Love to see beautiful pictures from around this province..
08-25-2010, 05:52 AM   #6
JMR
Veteran Member

This work is excellent and demonstrates a good eye. I particularly like the tower shot. Where was that taken? From Roy Thomson Hall? I have been to Ragged Falls many times, but have never seen that vantage point. Great shot.

JMR