Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
New K-X photos / first impressions
Posted By: Bob photo 4 life, 08-25-2010, 11:53 PM

I couldn't decide if I should post this here or in the DSLR discussion, I'm sure it can be moved if not appropriate for this section.

My new K-X arrived today so right after work I went out and snapped a few, mostly on auto as the light was fading quickly.

It is not as small or as noisy as I thought it might be. The lenses are surprisingly light, I have the 55-300 but have not tried that one yet. The controls are fairly intuitive but I have started on the manual!

I really like the info screen, I don't think I will miss having one on top (my SF-1 has that). The zoom rings seem a little stiffer than I would have thought, but my other lenses are all at least 20 years old.

These are my first DSLR photos...

1/125 f11 ISO 400

1/200 f13 ISO 200

1/500 f8.0 ISO 200
Views: 1,620
08-26-2010, 04:41 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This section is where all photos should be posted unless you're trying to diagnose some sort of problem with your camera

Your first photos look nice, clear, crisp, and sharp! Hope you're enjoying the camera

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: