Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Drifting for a cure
Posted By: Gaelen, 08-28-2007, 08:19 AM

Well on sunday I attended an event put on by a friend of mine that was to raise money for cancer. It was an outstanding success, we had about 320 spectators throughout the day, which is amazing for a track that's so hard to find.

anyway here's a few pictures from the event. If you'd like to see more from previous events check out CellBlock D - Sideways till the tires are gone!

C&C very much appreciated
Views: 3,507
08-28-2007, 09:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Nice series there ... looks like a half decent turnout as well ... especially for a good cause.

Nice angle on the first shot .... looks like the 180 had just exited (from the right of the shot) ... quite a different angle that you normally see at a drifting event.
08-28-2007, 02:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
thanks, it was a good turnout

if anyone wants to see the rest here's the gallery

CellBlock D - Sideways till the tires are gone!
08-30-2007, 12:24 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Ahh Drifting

I was just at a drift event too, It was not for as good of a couse but it was fun none the less.

08-30-2007, 08:31 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
vladig, that's a pretty nice picture. Looks like a good venue too. We unfortunately have run out of venues around here, there isn't much to be used besides this little track that's an oval.

I'm off to evergreen speedway on monday as I have gotten permission to be an on track photographer at their drifting event.
08-30-2007, 10:20 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Belive it or not this was in a parking lot in downtown Chicago, right next to , Solder Field, the only bad part is that it is a twice a year event (Hot Import Nights) sponcored by Dunlop Tires so i guess the city is more inclined for this kind of crazyness if a big company is behind it other then that there is no where else to drift that i know of.
08-30-2007, 11:37 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vladig Quote
Belive it or not this was in a parking lot in downtown Chicago, right next to , Solder Field, the only bad part is that it is a twice a year event (Hot Import Nights) sponcored by Dunlop Tires so i guess the city is more inclined for this kind of crazyness if a big company is behind it other then that there is no where else to drift that i know of.
that's a pretty nice deal.

People have tried a few lots around here but most places say no way doesn't matter how big the event. Which is why sadly the sport is getting smaller around here. But with venues and events like this Hopefully it will grow again