Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Surcease
Lens: DA 35L and DA 55-300 @ 55 Camera: K20D Photo Location: Kemah, TX 
Posted By: Sailor, 08-27-2010, 01:32 PM

Seems as if every time we spend two or three days on our boat, we get one stinker of a storm. It happened again on Tuesday, just after we had arrived and finished washing the boat (the rain provided additional rinsing). Here are a couple of shots I hurriedly grabbed just after the fireworks and when the sun reappeared. Happily for us, we've had great weather since, sun and bright moon, perfect sailing breeze (about 15 kts) and cold beer.

Jer (posted dockside)

Views: 2,902
08-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow - ominous skies looming there.
Hope you weren't going out to sea in that...
08-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Something wicked this was comes for sure Jer. Glad as is well and seas are friendly again.
08-27-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Nice shots Jer--Here I am babysitting in Franklin Ma and my brand new Da 55-300 lens is sitting out by my back door unattended in Saugus Ma.Naturally I can't get any of my neighbors to answer the phone.I need another glass of Dom Dimaggio
vintage 1959 to calm down--charliezap

08-28-2010, 05:22 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Wow - ominous skies looming there.
Hope you weren't going out to sea in that...
Actually, they look more inviting in this shot than would have been the case 10 minutes earlier. And - no - we were snuggly tied to the dock.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Something wicked this was comes for sure Jer. Glad as is well and seas are friendly again.
Thanks, buddy.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Nice shots Jer--Here I am babysitting in Franklin Ma and my brand new Da 55-300 lens is sitting out by my back door unattended in Saugus Ma.Naturally I can't get any of my neighbors to answer the phone.I need another glass of Dom Dimaggio
vintage 1959 to calm down--charliezap
Appreciate it, Capn. After you've had a calming session and grabbed your new lens, I'm betting you'll like it alot.

Jer
08-28-2010, 05:35 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Dark... I would call the "The Calm before the Storm" Looks like all Hell about to break loose Jer. JIM
08-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Dark... I would call the "The Calm before the Storm" Looks like all Hell about to break loose Jer. JIM
If photographs are intended to tell a story - then these failed miserably (), since I was shooting a retreating storm rather than one about to pounce. Perhaps the following suggests the sunny evening to come a bit better.

This thread has been an interesting lesson in perception for me. Because I watched the storm unfold and then begin to recede - I saw these shots as portraying a (forgive the hyperbole) "ray of hope", while everyone else sees impending doom. Thanks to you guys, I've learned something.

Jer

08-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

nice to know you and yours were safe in harbor...frightening skies.. can't imagine what it'd be like to get caught in such weather.... deserves some ice cold suds... dave m
08-30-2010, 11:15 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
nice to know you and yours were safe in harbor...frightening skies.. can't imagine what it'd be like to get caught in such weather.... deserves some ice cold suds... dave m
Exactly my thoughts, Dave.

Jer