Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Damselflies, and a Flower
Lens: Pentax A 50mm 1.4 Camera: K-x Photo Location: Louisiana ISO: 200 
Posted By: Paleo Pete, 08-27-2010, 05:52 PM

Got a couple of nice damselfly shots this weekend, forgot to upload them to the laptop till today. My first chancce to shoot either of them. Used the binocular lens rig for both and was amazed they let me get that close...

Flower called a Turk's Cap. I couldn't see starting another thread for the one shot so I tagged in onto this one. Got this picture with the Sears 80-200 set to Macro mode. Still trying to learn how to use that, but it has a ring that turns for a macro mode, maximum focus range 2-6 feet or so. Works pretty well if I have some detail to focus on.

Click on the picture to view larger size
Views: 1,458
08-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
These are both brilliant shots- especially the second. If it only had a slightly wider DOF, I would say it'd be a perfect candidate for the exclusive gallery.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-27-2010, 06:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Adam - thanks a lot, I thought both were nice shots, with the setup I'm using, depth of field is basically gone bye bye. The binocular lens does a great job of magnifying, but at 4 inches away I can't get any depth unless I have loads of sunlight and can shoot at f16 or better, and even then it's only 1/4 inch or so. I think these were either f4 or f8, can't remember. Probably f8, I had good light that afternoon.