Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
I now have to share my K7
Lens: FA31 Limited Camera: Kx Photo Location: office ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F2.4 
Posted By: dgaies, 08-28-2010, 09:02 PM

So it looks like I now have to share my K7 with my 3-1/2 year old son.

I tried to gave him an old K1000 to play around with but he told me "I like this one better because it takes pictures I can see". I (unsuccessfully) tried to explain to him how film works before I just gave up and let him take pictures of his toys on the ground with the K7 + DA35

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 

Last edited by dgaies; 08-28-2010 at 09:19 PM. Reason: typo
Views: 6,142
08-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well nice lens choice, though I might have suggested P or Green mode....but a bit rough having him in Aperture Priority mode Dad!...that and having to control EV compensation with his nose (which he's pressing with al his might)
08-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #3
Bud
Veteran Member

Love it! I wish that I had a shot of my now 23-year-old-recently-graduated-photography student son... just like that one. That brings a huge smile to my face

Thanks for sharing the image!

Bud
08-28-2010, 09:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stillshunter Quote
Well nice lens choice, though I might have suggested P or Green mode....but a bit rough having him in Aperture Priority mode Dad!...that and having to control EV compensation with his nose (which he's pressing with al his might)
Hey, if he wants to shoot with the K7 then I'm not sticking it in Green mode for him. Tough love

He had his chance for "green mode" when he turned down the Fuji F20 point-and-shoot I tried to give him.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bud Quote
Love it! I wish that I had a shot of my now 23-year-old-recently-graduated-photography student son... just like that one. That brings a huge smile to my face

Thanks for sharing the image!

Bud
You're welcome, thanks for the reply

08-28-2010, 10:20 PM   #5
Forum Member

Thats an awesome memory maker!!!! And that's what it's all about making memories!
08-28-2010, 10:21 PM   #6

That's just great. Also brought a smile to my face. It's such a nice moment to have captured and to remember when he's older.
08-28-2010, 10:55 PM   #7
Veteran Member

The first shot is pure gold! Precious moment, precious! Immediately reminds me of shots I took of my daughter, shooting with her freshly inherited K10D and father's tripod... The second one has a bit of a busy background, but I wonder what would be the expression of that young gentleman, say 10 years from now, after he'll have looked at these pictures...

P.S. Beware, soon after Galia tried her dad's big camera, he had to shell out for the new one so that she and he can shoot comfortably together...

08-29-2010, 12:58 AM   #8
Forum Member

Great photos Dan! The look of concentration on his face is priceless. Iso 3200 on that kx is so clean! Jealous of that and the 31 limited.
08-29-2010, 03:43 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MountainCat Quote
Thats an awesome memory maker!!!! And that's what it's all about making memories!
QuoteOriginally posted by JoshRead Quote
That's just great. Also brought a smile to my face. It's such a nice moment to have captured and to remember when he's older.
QuoteOriginally posted by Boris Quote
The first shot is pure gold! Precious moment, precious! Immediately reminds me of shots I took of my daughter, shooting with her freshly inherited
QuoteOriginally posted by ninemm Quote
Great photos Dan! The look of concentration on his face is priceless. Iso 3200 on that kx is so clean! Jealous of that and the 31 limited.
Thanks everyone for the replies

The iso was actually 2500 (the drop down menu didn't have that as a choice). But you're right, iso 1600/3200 is quite usable on the Kx
08-29-2010, 05:04 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WOW, he's hooked. You've got a photog on the making there. Well done. So where are his pictures?
08-29-2010, 05:20 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
WOW, he's hooked. You've got a photog on the making there. Well done. So where are his pictures?
Good point, I forgot to look at them last night

Here is one of his shots. Personally, I think it needs a lot of work. Not sure why he choose his exposure setting... as long as he was using a tripod there was no reason to push it to ISO2200. The composition is boring and the box in the foreground is a bit distracting. Perhaps he should flip through the book from inside the box for some tips (Understanding Exposure).
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
08-29-2010, 05:24 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
Good point, I forgot to look at them last night

Here is one of his shots. Personally, I think it needs a lot of work. Not sure why he choose his exposure setting... as long as he was using a tripod there was no reason to push it to ISO2200. The composition is boring and the box in the foreground is a bit distracting. Perhaps he should flip through the book from inside the box for some tips (Understanding Exposure).
08-29-2010, 05:47 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks like a pro in the making. JIM
08-29-2010, 10:05 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shots!!
Hey, if he wants to shoot with the K7 then I'm not sticking it in Green mode for him. Tough love
He had his chance for "green mode" when he turned down the Fuji F20 point-and-shoot I tried to give him.
I had a real good laugh (my boyfriend even came down asking what was so funny because I was laughing that loud), thanks
08-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That is so brilliant! Thanks for the entertaining thread.

Next up: My cat takes video with K-x and FA43. ;-)