Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Moving Fast
Lens: DA 55-300mm Camera: K-7 Photo Location: Scott's Bay, Nova Scotia ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F5.8 
Posted By: WiseOx, 08-31-2010, 07:48 PM

Couldn't resist the opportunity to shoot the hummingbirds around my dad's place. Very impressed with what the 55-300mm can do....even at the long end.

Views: 2,040
09-01-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice colors and details- love how the wings are translucent here.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-02-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great picture, with really nice background colours.
It is amazing you captured this one during flight.
I love the wings, they emphasize the movement.
09-02-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Very nice. I like this shot, good one. I like to try and stop the wings, but that takes enough light to get at least 1/1000 shutter speed. Doesn't happen often...Shots like this one can also look really good, the motion here works pretty well.

09-03-2010, 06:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Appreciate the feed back all.

I will admit, there were a lot of junked shots, this one was one of the few I was happy with. A lot of trial and error. Luckily, there were lots of subjects, which helped. My dad and his wife fill up 3 feeders every morning during the summer....and they are all empty by evening. They have counted about 15 birds feeding, or waiting for their turn to feed, at one time. Amazing to just watch.