Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Aliens
Posted By: FLASH, 08-29-2007, 06:27 PM

Martians arrving at Fairhope, AL.
Views: 1,793
08-29-2007, 06:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Flash.... it seems that you're having no luck at all with the aliens......
08-29-2007, 06:33 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you sending us pictures from a far away galaxy? Or are you having issues posting pictures?
08-29-2007, 06:34 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FLASH Quote
Martians arrving at Fairhope, AL.
Oh, I get it now. It's the invisible ones.

Heinrich

08-29-2007, 06:35 PM   #5

Original Poster
You are absolutely correct! For whatever reason, none of the photos I send to this forum have actually been seen, except for the first one or two I tried. I guess that I am the reason for this, but whatever it really is, I cannot fathom it.

FLASH
08-29-2007, 06:37 PM   #6

Original Poster
But oh, what feedback! Laughs are what makes this crazy world go round, I say!

FLASH
08-29-2007, 06:50 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Flash,
From the looks of your picture in your profile you look to be about the same age bracket as myself. Having never used a computer until 4 years ago when I bought my first digital camera. I too struggle with these internet things. All of these young guys grew up with computers and don,t have much sympathy for us old guys--oh well, a lot of them never had the joy of shooting kodacrome 25 or 64 either. Hang in there, it's bound to get better.
Kent
08-29-2007, 07:22 PM   #8
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Hey there!!! I grew up on those films.
Now as for this posting thing. I think you may not be resizing the shots in order to post the pictures. It's fairly simple once you get the hang of it. You can not "cut and paste" which I suspect you tried to do on one post. The picture has to be less than 800 x 2 and I post even smaller pictures than that to save space. Any basic photo software has a resize feature. Then when you create the post go to the bottom and hit 'manage attachments". A second window will pop up and have 2 spots to "browse". click on the browse button and find the picture on the computer. I just save my posting pictures to the desktop so I can find them easily for this. After you add the shot(s) then hit "Upload". Now watch the box to see if it uploaded. It will tell you if the file was too big. if so you must make it smaller, re-save it to your desktop and then repeat the process. Once you have added the number of shots you want (you do 2 at a time and repeat the process). Then go back to the window that has the text message you want to post and below it you'll see a block that says "attach files" right below that it says: "Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip". And then below that, the file you attached and it's file name should be there. If not you've tried to load a file that is the wrong format or is too large.

I hope that helps a little.

08-29-2007, 07:23 PM   #9
and
Veteran Member

Assuming you have read https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/6-how-post-photos.html

try attatching the images to your post, that should be more fail-safe than linking external images.
08-29-2007, 09:19 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actually, we are here...watching you and your every movement....(FLASH! stop that, we've told you before)....so we will just watch you, watching us, even though you can't see us...

08-29-2007, 09:36 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Flash, my images don't always show up either and when that happens I post a link as well.

If you can post a link we'll all be able to look at them, and the chance are that someone will post them for you as well