Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Puerto Rico, Hurricane Earl (leftovers)
Lens: DA 12-24 Camera: K100D Photo Location: San Juan, PR ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: RoxnDox, 09-01-2010, 06:39 AM

This series of pics is from the trip down to Puerto Rico (I'm here on the island for a work meeting)... We flew down on Monday, slipped in between a couple of the outer rain bands, and had a very, um, "interesting" landing. The pilot did get the aircraft pointed back in the correct direction...

All shots taken with the DA 12-24 (I'm really loving this lens), Hoya CPL mounted for the aerial shots. I was lucky enough to have a good clear window :-)

Jim

One of many thunderstorm cells we flew past crossing from Atlanta to PR...

Nearing the island, heading inwards between Earl's rain bands...

The ocean from about 10,000 feet as we approached hte island...

The next day (after work), taking a walk on the beach and enjoying the leftovers from Earl (nice big waves)...

(I liked this one)

The soft, misty look of this morning's sunrise, is from the condensation forming on the lens as I pulled it out of the bag and exposed it to the warm humid atmosphere. I think it actually adds a kind of dreamy touch to the photo. :-)
Views: 3,148
09-02-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for sharing! Looks like a lot of fun, and a great trip to a beautiful place!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-02-2010, 09:31 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Jim,

Are you in San Juan? How long are you staying? I work nearby. Maybe we can meet or something!

Thanks,
09-02-2010, 05:20 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Jim,

Are you in San Juan? How long are you staying? I work nearby. Maybe we can meet or something!

Thanks,
Hi Ismael, yes I'm in San Juan. We've been kept very busy all week! I do have one day to go sightseeing, several of us are going to go hiking in the El Yunque rainforest preserve tomorrow. Not sure when we'll be getting back to the hotel. I'm flying out early Saturday morning, though I wish I could stay a few more days... I do wish Camuy Cavern and the Arecibo observatory had made the list, but I'm the only one of our group interested in those sites compared to the rainforest.

Yesterday we cut our workday short and went over to Castillo San Felippe del Morro and Old San Juan. We had a wonderful time exploring the fort and the town, and I had some delicious mofungo for dinner! I have a few pictures that I consider 'keepers', but I'm too darn tired to process them tonight...

I wish I had more time to spend here, and I'm ceratinly putting it on my list of places I want to return to!

Jim

09-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Jim,

Glad to hear you are having a good time. Let me know if you return. I'll show you around. I live in Arecibo and the caves are about a 20 minutes drive from here.
Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Regards,