Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
An evening in Copenhagen
Posted By: larugl, 08-29-2007, 10:46 PM

Here are a handful of photos from Copenhagen, taken with the K10D and the DA* 50-135:

See the rest here: August 2007 Photo Gallery by Lars Ugleberg at pbase.com
Views: 2,178
08-29-2007, 11:03 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Copenhagen looks like a great city to just walk around and take pics I love the one of the boats rp
08-30-2007, 06:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow - nice variety of photo's you really captured the City. Looks like a place to visit for sure.
08-30-2007, 10:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Wow - nice variety of photo's you really captured the City. Looks like a place to visit for sure.
I was going to say that!! I love the variety of photos and the photos are all so interesting and full of detail!

08-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #5
Forum Member

Were any of these taken through a car window? #2 & especially #3 seem to have that slight lack of detail that sometimes happens shooting through glass. They're definately nice, not trying to be picky, just curious. Thanks
08-30-2007, 02:00 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I like number 5. I wouldn't have thought to use a flash for that shot, but it looks very interesting with it.
08-31-2007, 02:36 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks + some answers + extra photos

Thanks for looking and commenting; it's highly appreciated!

Actually, only the first and the last were taken through glass. The first one was taken from inside the office building out through the window, and the last one was a shop window display taken through the shop window.

So the other ones appearing as if they were perhaps taken through glass can only be because they may be out of focus, been taken at inappropriate apertures, thanks to haze in the air, or perhaps because I failed to do them justice during post-processing - and combinations of several of these factors are also likely.

When comparing the cheap kit lens and the new DA* lens I do feel that the DA*'s may require more precision on my part when choosing aperture and focus point. The kit lens is fairly forgiving but maybe the never lenses offer more control over field of depth and therefore also requires a deeper understanding of which settings to use to achieve the desired effect. But I could be wrong; I'm no expert at this.

OK, here are a few more from that evening in Copenhagen:

Will get the DA* 16-50 next week and look forward to bringing to Copenhagen in a couple of weeks.