Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

One thousand lake rally (Finland WRC 2007)
Posted By: Martynas, 08-30-2007, 03:25 AM

Some pics from the most spectacular rally I've ever visited

SS Killeri - Urmo Aava and his fans:

A lot of jumps:
Chris Atcinson

Estonian Molder:

Norwegian in older impreza wrc:

Miko Hirvonen in the mother of all stages - Ouninpohja:

Sarazin:

Rough corners:
Again Miko:

A lot of attention from media:

Till the end:

Marcus heading to finish:

And finally reached finish:

Tanks for looking
Views: 5,554
08-30-2007, 05:57 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by blwnhr Quote
The 2nd one and the last one really do it for me. The 2nd has perfect composition and the emotion in th elast shot is astounding. Top work, I love rally shots but there isn't much happening in that sport in the state where I live.
You should pop over the ditch. The WRC is in town here at the mo'.

Very nice shots btw, excellent panning skills.

08-30-2007, 11:21 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Many many thanks to all for comments

QuoteOriginally posted by anthropas Quote
Wow, these are definately great shots. Can you talk a little bit about what mode/settings you used? The colors are awesome and the sky in your last shot is so nice it made me wonder if you were using a filter/polarizer of any kind. To get the car sharp and the background blurry do you need to keep the shutter speed from getting too high or will the panning of the camera give you that blur regardless of the shutter spead? My only panning experience with the K10D so far was shooting a couple getting shot out of a canon at the circus and it was indoors and very dark, so I can't compare. Thanks!
The most usable mode during rally shoot is TAv (I couldn't live without it anymore ) this mode gives me control of shutter speed and dof at one time and lowest possible iso. If there is a lot of sun, then Tv mode can be handy, but TAv is very awesome. All shots made with da 16-45 are taken with soligor dhg cir-pol filter as well (in bright sunlight these two are not detachable almost all time ) and yes this can get better colors and helps to deal with reflections in windows. During panning I use shutter speed of 1/20 to 1/125 (with wide lens lower and with tele faster) and sr almost always on, especially with tele lenses. afcause almost always AF.c and AF only with dedicated button
08-31-2007, 03:21 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
[QUOTE=Arpe;90552]You should pop over the ditch. The WRC is in town here at the mo'.

I hope to see pics, New Zealand rally should be very spectacular as well
08-31-2007, 03:39 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry mate, too far away from me here, it's all happening up north, but Suprememofo of these boards said he was going, hopefully immigration let him in!