Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Haunted House
Posted By: TOUGEFC, 09-02-2010, 06:20 AM

The "Haunted" House

There are alot of storys about this place.
These were built just after ww2 by a veteran for himself his family and a cartaker, and killed them all down in the basement followed with his suicide.

The Main House-

The Care Taker's Quarters-

The Granny-
This also had a bomb shelter built on the other side too, which had been made from a double skin of besa bricks and the shelter was heavily overgrown by Lantena, so no pics on the bomb shelter.

Views: 2,439
09-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
beyond creepy simon.... this series gave me the willies...... hate to be morbid... but do you remember the name of that psychopath... i've got to know more... i'm hooked...
(the shots, to me, are just a wee bit too dark... i like the hdr effect....) dave m
09-02-2010, 09:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How incredibly sad that a man would go to all the expense and work of building a lovely house for his family, lose his mind, and as a result it's just all lost to time. As bad as it's gotten you can see all the love, money, and time he put into it. Poor man, he must have come home very sick mentally indeed. It's a shame what war can do to some people. If only someone had realized it and been able to help the guy before he snapped his family might be alive to enjoy all the work he did for them. Looking at that place, I have the strongest urge to put it all back to rights

This the house?

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=361666924&blogId=372802200

Last edited by magkelly; 09-02-2010 at 09:21 AM.
09-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the comments guys, yes this place is simply beautiful i really like the stone work granny flat, would have been amazing here back in the day, at the back of the mian house is a big dam too.

That link is the same place magkelly. But that story isnt quite right, its says on the blog "down in the bunker" the bomb shelter didnt go down, it was at ground level.