Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Phoenix's landmark Camelback Mountain
Lens: Pentax 18-250mm @ 85mm Camera: Pentax K200D Photo Location: Phoenix Arizona ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: PALADIN85020, 09-06-2010, 09:39 AM

This is a picture of Camelback Mountain, a north Phoenix landmark. It was taken from the old Wrigley mansion on a hill in north central Phoenix.

Views: 3,798
09-06-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's the PV side, right? Think it looks better from the other end.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
Banned

I've always liked that view. You can clearly see the monk on the left. I spent many days at the end of a rope climbing in echo canyon. Thanks for the shot!
09-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Adam, This was taken from the south of Camelback with the mountain to the north. However, you can see the Camel's nose along with the "Praying Monk".
Wonderful shot!!! I need to keep that area in mind in terms of good areas for pictures. I have never seen the Camel's head from this angle (since I never get to downtown Phoenix). I think that this would also be a great shot in the early morning, during the "golden hour".

I believe this is the view you are referring to, from Mummy Mountain looking south with the Camel's full profile...

09-07-2010, 09:21 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
That's the PV side, right? Think it looks better from the other end.
Adam,

The point of view was from the Wrigley mansion, to the SW of Camelback. The camera points in a northeasterly direction. Not the best "camel" profile, admittedly, but it does show the "praying monk" and I think gives a good idea of scale.

John