Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Kickboxing Training
Lens: Sigma 17-70/2.8-4.5 &Sigma 50/1.4 Camera: K-7 
Posted By: pop4, 09-10-2010, 12:38 PM

A friend asked me to go along to his kickboxing class at the gym to take a few shots, and here are the results from shoot. A bit heavily processed, but I think the shots called for it.
Enjoy

Views: 2,569
09-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice series, but I think the shadow/highlights are just a little bit overdone. great action, though!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-13-2010, 05:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yeah, I guess especially when you see the haloing around the people, then that's a sure sign it's been overdone. Thanks Adam
09-13-2010, 06:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Personally, I'd like to see less processed or even completely unprocessed (like in "result of default conversion with minimal tweaking of tones and color") version of these photographs. They are brilliant in capturing the moment, the emotion, the movement, but I'd like to compare them with the originals also to learn about the applied processing.

09-14-2010, 06:43 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Boris Quote
Personally, I'd like to see less processed or even completely unprocessed (like in "result of default conversion with minimal tweaking of tones and color") version of these photographs. They are brilliant in capturing the moment, the emotion, the movement, but I'd like to compare them with the originals also to learn about the applied processing.
No.6 from above, and the following shot are what the more normal, less shots look like. I was being lazy, so the actual processing was just a Lightroom preset that I had downloaded a while back, and I just felt that they kinda fit in with the photos, but once again, with the halos, the effect was probably a bit strong.

09-14-2010, 01:11 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I think the processing adds a bit of character to some of the otherwise less interesting scenes.