Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Who doesn't like Kids and Kittens.
Lens: pentax 18-250 Camera: k20d Photo Location: Franklin Ma ISO: 800 
Posted By: charliezap, 09-11-2010, 03:30 PM

[IMG][/IMG
]
Just a few shots from our visit with the grandkids last weekend.The first shot of "Steve" has a little HDR added with the HDR filter in the K20d.In the 3rd shot "Steve" wanted to go out and "play" with the birds.
"food--foto--frenzy" contest has 3days left so keep those photos coming for the cash prizes.---charliezap

Last edited by charliezap; 01-21-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Views: 2,034
09-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey Capn - second shot is very nice.

Jer
09-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
great shot of the cat watching the birds. i like how you used a shallow depth of field to soft focus the cat and keep the birds in focus. great use of the technique.
09-11-2010, 09:15 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hockmasm Quote
great shot of the cat watching the birds. i like how you used a shallow depth of field to soft focus the cat and keep the birds in focus. great use of the technique.
I'm pleased that you like that shot.From that weekend that picture is one of my favorites that conveys the theme of "Steve" wanting so badly to go outside and "play' with the birds.Here is one with the kitten in focus.I think that I like the first one with the birds in focus and the kitten subtlely lurking in the foreground.
Comments---CharlieZap

Attached Images

09-11-2010, 09:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ok Charlie, you got it out of me. I do like kids and kitties
09-11-2010, 10:44 PM   #6

Awww! Kids are definitely cute, but I admit it, I'm a sucker for kittens. My own animals seem to have a sixth sense for a camera being pointed in their direction, though. They immediately stop doing whatever they were up to that prompted me to pick up the camera.
09-12-2010, 08:03 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by suliabryon Quote
Awww! Kids are definitely cute, but I admit it, I'm a sucker for kittens. My own animals seem to have a sixth sense for a camera being pointed in their direction, though. They immediately stop doing whatever they were up to that prompted me to pick up the camera.
kittens and kids are so unpredictable but now and then a decent picture can be had.---charliezap