Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Afternoon driving
Lens: Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 Camera: Pentax K-7 Photo Location: New Zealand 
Posted By: CWyatt, 09-12-2010, 05:49 PM

Trying various shots through a moving car windshield into afternoon sun, K-7, Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5

First with a less sharp motion blur, second with normal faster shutter.

Afternoon drive, 1

Afternoon drive, 2

Views: 1,572
09-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like both, but I think the second is more successful- maybe because of that dirt? in the foreground of the first.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-12-2010, 07:34 PM   #3
Nubi

This is not a criticism but you did PP the pic, correct?

The reason I ask is that in situations like these, where you have to concentrate on not one but two things (driving and shooting), it does make it a bit hard to plan things. As a result, you just may not be able to shoot them to your satisfaction, and it just may come down to how well the pp was done to show the original intent.

Having said all of that crap, I think that the way you presented these pictures was awesome. Center lines and headlights. I really liked them. They show that you understand contrast and shadows, and recognize certain situation in a flash (since you were driving), and not afraid to take it to the extreme.

Well done
09-13-2010, 12:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
This is not a criticism but you did PP the pic, correct?
Hi Nubi, unsure quite what you mean. I do PP all my photos to convert to B&W, sharpen etc.

09-13-2010, 11:04 AM   #5
Nubi

Some purists don't like to PP.

I am not that way. I think that you can shoot pictures without ever pp'ing them, but to me there is nothing wrong with retouching them, and i thought that you did a wonderful job of it. That is all!
09-13-2010, 05:21 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes in my opinion black and white needs a decent amount of post-shot work, but it's always been that way, even with darkrooms from what I gather.
09-14-2010, 12:53 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh but I want to be closer to the truck in the second one. Truck needs to be a little bigger and perhaps a little more detail.
But the mood is not bad.