Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
North Wales, UK with the Sigma 17-70
Posted By: simonkit, 09-03-2007, 10:08 AM

Just purchased the Sigma 17-70 & am very impressed by the contrast/sharpness, great lens. One of my first shots...

Views: 1,413
09-03-2007, 06:09 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice spot. I think you left the sun just a little late, would've been nice to have some on the green at the bottom to show the shape, but then again that assumes you have some spare time!
09-04-2007, 09:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A nice image.

I use the same lens and I am satisfied so far.

After seeing my shots of similar scenes (about a hundred of them), I think including a walking person or a vehicle adds some touch to these. When we have the chance, I mean...

Thanks for sharing.
09-04-2007, 10:27 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments - I agree some extra sun might add more detail to the lower fields, must admit though that I quite like the emphasis on the rocky cliff face

Regarding people etc, to be honest, I generally prefer to keep them out of my shots - I agree that in mountain path shots etc they can add some perspective but wherever possible I avoid people in the frame

thanks

simon