Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Artist's Prints
Lens: DA 18-55 AL II Camera: Kx Photo Location: Home ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F4.5 
Posted By: jkwhawk, 09-17-2010, 08:35 PM

I saw VaughnA's post on Gallery Prints and thought this might have some value for someone. My son wanted to do some prints of his original old west personalities, but couldn't afford the price. It took a little time, but I photographed his originals, processed them, sized them correctly, put them on a zip drive and took them to a local printer. The prints, on heavy stock, were about $.50 each. We cut our own mats, put them in a fitted plastic bag and had right at $2.00 in each print. And the prints were very, very similar to the originals in every respect. Add his signature and the Pentax had actually allowed the kid to make a little money.

Last edited by jkwhawk; 10-02-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Views: 1,792
09-17-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Neat idea. We're already getting requests for prints after posting the shots on facebook.