Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A few of my wifes cat.
Posted By: Fritz, 09-05-2007, 07:56 AM

Here are a few shots of my wifes cat taken with my Vivitar 105mm f2.5. I know nothing spectacular, but comments are appreciated. Full exif should be available. Thanks!

f4.0

f2.5, ISO 800

Views: 1,547
09-05-2007, 08:36 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am not a big fan of cats, but I like cat pictures. These are nice.
09-05-2007, 11:43 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments Dave. Notice that I didn't say that she was my cat. She is a pretty good cat as cats go. My wife absolutely adores this animal though.
09-05-2007, 06:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Kitty!

First one is great; of (her?) sleeping.

Cats > Dogs

09-09-2007, 07:20 AM   #5
Veteran Member

First image is a nice capture.
Wife's brother has 2 cats (they kind of live with us in the house next to us on the same property).

One of their cats actually chases our Border Collie ... the dog thinks it is a game and loves it.
I need to try and capture that one day if i can.
09-09-2007, 09:06 AM   #6

I feel similarly to davemdsn, with the additional layer that cats make me physically ill. I'm allergic, and while I've outgrown all the other allergies I had growing up, I can still hardly walk into a house that contains a cat. Without even seeing the cat, within minutes, my eyes bulge up and my lungs tighten.

But these are great pictures. In fact, you should really enter the 2nd in the weekly photo contest, with the topic "Epiphany". I've been sitting here all weekend thinking about how to interpret the topic, and when I saw your photo, said, "that's it!" It was nearly an epiphany in and of itself. Wish someone had been here to photograph me!

-Chris
09-09-2007, 10:21 AM   #7
Inactive Account

I love both of the shots. Cats seem to have their own personality. (Having three I can definitely state that to be so true) I like all animals some more then others. Although you never own a cat (they own you) they are creatures of habits. we just got a new self cleaning litter box for ours, and it is funny to watch them after they are done, and they wait for the dam thing to start moving and cleaning. They sit there and watch until it has finished and then just walk away. If it starts up while they are out of the room they run in and just sit there and watch it. (too funny) Two of the three have their own person to sit on and the third will go to anyone that is available. When the grand kids come for a visit all three scatter not to be seen until they go home.

09-09-2007, 08:45 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for all the kind comments.

They do choose their owners. Every cat my wife has had up till now has chosen me to be their owner. But not this one. To her I'm just a piece of furniture. Even though I'm the one who feeds her every day!
09-10-2007, 07:30 AM   #9
Veteran Member

My family loves cats, as I've posted a "few" of our Max, Scoot and Mia many times here. These are great shots. Really tells the personality of a cat - UNCARING!!

Really love the first one - gives a sense of peace.
09-11-2007, 01:28 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots. However, I have to add, cats and me are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Cant stand the things at all!!
09-12-2007, 09:34 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I'm a sucker for cat photos. The first one is wonderful - that is one happy cat! The second one gave me a good laugh. What a clown! Nice job, your wife must be pleased. I'm sure the cat doesn't give a d@mn so long as you feed her!

Julie