Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Fiery flashlight abstracts!
Posted By: hamidlmt, 09-05-2007, 10:11 AM

These were snapped a couple weekends ago at Stub Stewart State Park (Oregon). I brought another element into my fire abstracts. This time, I got my wife involved. I had her swinging around a couple flashlights.

I danced back and forth between the flashlights and the fire. And, this is what was captured... all single exposure shots, captured as jpeg in the camera. The only post-processing has been a slight Levels adjustment in Photoshop...

The entire series of 15 shots is here: Hamid Shibata Bennett : photos : Abstracts and macros - powered by SmugMug

Views: 2,620
09-05-2007, 10:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Music through Photography

These are great shots..

The first thing that came to my mind was musicall notes dancing on a wall. Something you might see while playing classical music..

Very intrigueing.. thanks for sharing.
09-06-2007, 02:26 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Nice shots, I like no.3 as it looks knda like an abstract of a person dancing in fire! Maybe thats just me, visually stunning though.
09-06-2007, 02:38 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Neat shots! You have a creative mind.

Must have been a sight to observe though; bonfire blazing, woman whipping flashlights around and man dancing with camera. Hmmm.... The neighbors must have been entertained! Actually, it sounds like loads of fun!

09-06-2007, 05:21 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Very creative in deed
09-06-2007, 05:42 AM   #6
Kim

These are very cool! Thanks for sharing.

I have to try this myself.
09-06-2007, 02:59 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you all! These are really fun and easy to do... give it a try!

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
Neat shots! You have a creative mind.

Must have been a sight to observe though; bonfire blazing, woman whipping flashlights around and man dancing with camera. Hmmm.... The neighbors must have been entertained! Actually, it sounds like loads of fun!
I've often thought of what I must look like doing these, running around the campfire with the camera. In the past, I've waited until it's pretty late. My wife turns in early and I stay up playing with the camera. But this last time, it had just gotten dark and we had many campground neighbors up and about. They must have thought we were nuts!

It's been requested that I do a video while taking these shots. Not sure how that will turn out since the only illumination is the fire. If I get some half way decent footage, I'll post the vid.

Here's a couple bonus shots, just for fun...

And, our first experiment with just the flashlights... I had my wife my heart shapes with a flashlight in each hand as I ran around.