Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Porsche 997
Lens: Sigma 10-20mm Camera: K200D Photo Location: Springbank Airport 
Posted By: bergwerk, 09-22-2010, 02:37 PM

Here are a couple pics from a shoot I did a while ago. Tell me what you think.

Views: 1,971
09-22-2010, 03:32 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

#2 doesn't do much for me, the plane takes too much away from the car. Maybe if you put the car closer to the camera it would make it appear larger and to be more of the focus of the shot. Right now they are both competing for the focus, and I almost feel like the plane is winning. It does look better when it is bigger, on Flickr, though. And don't get me wrong, it is still interesting, especially the dramatic sky in the background.

#1 on the other hand is great. I like blur showing motion, and the way you used the rule of thirds. The background is nice too, captures the whole "open road freedom" theme because you have a lot of the road in front of the car.

Overall cool shots and a great car.
09-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Yeah, first one is great. Not sure about the crop/framing, but very nice nonetheless.
09-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I dig any picture of a Porsche, but I'm biased. The first one is very nice, in my view. You might consider cropping some off the left, but the gray car agains the gray sky is unusual and effective.

Jer

09-22-2010, 08:57 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for checking them out!

I totally agree about the one with the plane. In hindsight I should have moved the car about 10 feet towards the camera. The owner of the hanger wants a print of this one so I guess it worked out anyways.
The roller is cropped that way because the car I was riding in showed up in the bottom right corner and I didn't want it to be noticeable.

I posted here because I wanted honest opinions and I got them. Thanks guys.
09-23-2010, 12:08 AM   #6
Aon
Veteran Member

I'm not a big car person, but that Porsche sure looks nice (i guess they always do), especially in the first pic.

Edit: Also, i really really like the open road in front of the car in the 1st pic. Very nice, and pretty Knight Rider-ish in my opinion!

Last edited by Aon; 09-23-2010 at 03:56 AM.
09-23-2010, 06:28 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I like the first one a lot. It tells a good story. The second shot is OK, but I don't think the story is as clear to the viewer and so it lacks the emotional punch of the first one.

Thanks for sharing, though!