Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Lots of Photos!
Posted By: egordon99, 09-06-2007, 07:32 AM

Was never satisfied with how my resized-for-the-web JPGs looked, until I got ahold of the AbsoluteSharpening script (and CS3!), so I've been going back through photos from this summer. All shot with my K10D, processed with ACR4.1 and AbsoluteSharpening (no other PS adjustments)

Any comments/critiques/praise/complaints welcome!

Phoenixville, PA

Mystic, CT

Philly

Pocono Mountains

Valley Forge National Park (from this past Sunday)

And finally a shot from West Chester, taken with carpents' FA 77mm (awesome lens!) during an outing earlier this summer

Views: 3,736
09-06-2007, 07:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by egordon99 Quote
Was never satisfied with how my resized-for-the-web JPGs looked, until I got ahold of the AbsoluteSharpening script (and CS3!), so I've been going back through photos from this summer.
These look great to me. (Of course, I didn't notice that your previous web-sized shots were deficient.)

QuoteOriginally posted by egordon99 Quote
And finally a shot from West Chester, taken with carpents' FA 77mm (awesome lens!) during an outing earlier this summer
And, equally importantly, it is my double-daylily! Lovely!
09-06-2007, 07:48 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Haha! Yep, now that you mentioned it, I remember you had some nice flowers in your yard

QuoteQuote:
And, equally importantly, it is my double-daylily! Lovely!
As for the previous web shots, I think they were quite soft and didn't have the oomph that I saw in the original shots on my PC AND those of other folks (such as you!)
As resized by PSE5 when building a Web Gallery: (much softer)

Thanks for looking!
09-06-2007, 07:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great photos, Evan !

I especially like the "Sunflowers", "Street musician", and "Long pier".

09-06-2007, 08:01 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks! Immediately after I took the shot of the guitarist, I showed it to my wife on the LCD screen and she really liked it. I asked the musician if he had an email address so I could email the picture to him. "No" was all he said.... So I got his card with his street address on it and have been meaning to mail a print to him (or drop it off as he apparently lives in town)

The lighting on "Sunflowers" was really bad, so I had to do alot of adjustments in ACR to get it looking decent. I'd like to go back in the morning to get another shot (it's more or less on my way to work) More shots from that evening are at Phoenixville Historic District (not "AbsolutelySharpened" )
09-06-2007, 09:52 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
great shots. Looks liek you have been travleing a bit. thanks for sharing them all.