Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Parent's nightmare!! :)
Posted By: mikerigel, 09-06-2007, 11:09 AM

While over at some friends, I decided to do one of those multiple exposure shots of their daughter. Here's the results, after only about 15 minutes in Photoshop.
We had fun doing it!

C&C welcome. Thanks!
Views: 3,167
09-07-2007, 04:19 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by roy Quote
how about someone posting a tut for us DAs.???
mikerigel provided some hints on his technique but I'll try to provided some more detail from my workflow.

1) Use a tripod
2) Take a light reading and set your camera to manual if you are outdoors (you may have to do some blending in the sky if you don't)
3) Select which image to use as your background layer (the parents for the Christmas card)
4) Open up one of the other photos and use the selection tool (an oval or rectangle works well) to copy the individual(s) you want to add to the background image.
5) Paste the copied individual(s) onto the background layer. I use Paint Shop Pro X and I paste as a Transparent Layer because it allows me to align the object (individual) to the background.
6) You will want to start with the people that are in the back of the final image in case one of the front people overlaps in some manner. Also make sure you capture any shadows associated with the person (One of our Christmas card recipients pointed out that I missed a shadow in mine).
7) Repeat steps to add all the duplicates you like.
8) Merge all layers.

It's rather simple really. Hope this helps.

As a bonus, here is one I did a couple weeks before the Christmas card. Not the best but it was my first.

Tim

Last edited by atupdate; 09-07-2007 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Added Step 2 and the image.
09-08-2007, 06:18 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Thanks, I'm gonna give this a try.