Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Flowers and Acorns
Lens: SMC 18 - 55mm Camera: K-x Photo Location: Ireland 
Posted By: Michelleans, 09-27-2010, 03:21 AM

Also tested out how close I can focus with the kit lens this weekend.. Liked these too.. I am amazed with the colours I am getting from this camera, beats my dads Canon hands down for colour

Purple flowers - do i need to underexpose a little more? Looks a little over exposed now.

And some acorns, though looking back on it, I'm wondering if I had focused in on the left hand side of the right acorn would it have looked better?

Views: 1,718
09-27-2010, 07:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You might try kicking the saturation up a notch or two and possibly dialing back the exposure a bit too, maybe 1/3 of a stop. I have a problem in these areas too.
09-27-2010, 07:33 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks jim, is there a way to change the saturation in the camera itself? I know how to do so on photoshop and can certainly do ti that way, but just wondering if it is on the K-x? My point and shoot Panasonic I used before this had an inbuilt feature for saturation.
09-27-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Michelleans Quote
Thanks jim, is there a way to change the saturation in the camera itself? I know how to do so on photoshop and can certainly do ti that way, but just wondering if it is on the K-x? My point and shoot Panasonic I used before this had an inbuilt feature for saturation.
I'm not that familiar with the K-x but I think you can do it in the custom image settings. Check out your "Menu" and that I think would be the first item on the "Record" page. I think there is a "Saturation" setting under each of the picture taking modes.

09-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jimH Quote
I'm not that familiar with the K-x but I think you can do it in the custom image settings. Check out your "Menu" and that I think would be the first item on the "Record" page. I think there is a "Saturation" setting under each of the picture taking modes.
Thanks very much i will play with it when i get home