Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 concerts with the k-x
Lens: 50mm f 1.4 Camera: k-x Photo Location: Toronto 
Posted By: juicebox, 09-28-2010, 03:45 AM

Hey all,
been awhile since I've posted anything, but September has been a good month for concerts. Got to see 3 bands and brought my trusty k-x with me.
Most of these shots were approximately f/2.8, 1/80 & ISO1600 (seems to always be a good setting for me).

What I love about this camera is not only the performance at high ISOs but that it's so small (especially with the 50mm attached). For the first two shows, I told the bouncers that it was a point and shoot and they were convinced. After inspecting my camera, I actually heard one bounce say to another "I'm getting better at telling the difference between regular cameras and SLRs"

Anyways here are some of my favourite pics. Open to C&C.

Marina & the Diamonds

Dirty Projectors
Had to process these photos with a sort of heavy vignetting effect cause I was always shooting in between people's heads. I actually kinda liked how they turned out.

Foals

Views: 1,623
09-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the mood captured in most of the images. Maybe a few of them deserve to have space in front of the people. Like they are looking into the frame more instead of so many looking out from the edge of the frame. I think the overhead lighting included is fine, though. You just need to give the subject space in front to look into sometimes.
09-28-2010, 04:02 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
I like the mood captured in most of the images. Maybe a few of them deserve to have space in front of the people. Like they are looking into the frame more instead of so many looking out from the edge of the frame. I think the overhead lighting included is fine, though. You just need to give the subject space in front to look into sometimes.
Thanks a lot Matt! Appreciate the feedback!
Will definitely try to work on the composition and spacing next show!