Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Fever's Broken at Last . . . .
Lens: DA 15 & DA 70 Camera: K20D Photo Location: West Columbia, TX ISO: 100 
Posted By: Sailor, 09-28-2010, 05:12 PM

. . . . . and the roadster can come out in the day time with the top down! Yesterday, we got our first "cold" front, which reduced the temp about 10-15 deg F and brought us a deep-blue, cloudless sky. Terrific convertible weather, so this afternoon I took our Boxster up to the Varner-Hogg mansion in West Columbia - a conveniently reached place that's never crowded and where I can shoot both contemporary and "antebellam" images. Today, I centered on contemporary, and here are some shots celebrating fall and cruising with the top down and the sun up.

Jer

DA 15: 1/180s @ f/11:

DA 15: 1/250s @ f/11 - I think with some exposure comp, which doesn't show up in Photobucket's "Image Info":

DA 70: 1/125s @ f/11:

Views: 1,974
09-29-2010, 05:08 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
really like the last shot jer..... this would be nice as a b+w rendition too... especially since your 'ride' is silver... works well with that color.... is that the same 'pump' as in your other b+w post?
dave m
09-29-2010, 05:35 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good shots of a of a handsome roadster. Might be better with less contrast, but difficult with such a pale colored car on a bright sunny day with deep tree shadows. I'd put the car in the shadow of a big, windowless building - like an old barn in the background - to get classic "open shade" lighting.
09-29-2010, 06:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Still think that car is too cool Jer. Love all these images. JIM

09-29-2010, 03:49 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
really like the last shot jer..... this would be nice as a b+w rendition too... especially since your 'ride' is silver... works well with that color.... is that the same 'pump' as in your other b+w post?
dave m
Hey thanks, Dave. I'll give the B&W a try when I get back home; we're spending a few days on the boat (gorgeous weather) and I don't have the file here - otherwise, I'd try it right now. Edit: Oh yeah, it is the same pump.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Good shots of a of a handsome roadster. Might be better with less contrast, but difficult with such a pale colored car on a bright sunny day with deep tree shadows. I'd put the car in the shadow of a big, windowless building - like an old barn in the background - to get classic "open shade" lighting.
Yup - this car is a blast to drive but hard to shoot for the very reason you mention. The technically best pics I've gotten were on a cloudy day.

Thanks much for the kind words,

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Still think that car is too cool Jer. Love all these images. JIM
Thanks, buddy. I can't believe that tomorrow I will have owned the car for a year; I got a note from the dealer today to "celebrate" the car's first anniversary. I'll miss it as we're on the boat and plan to be under sail tomorrow.

Jer

Last edited by Sailor; 09-30-2010 at 06:40 AM.
09-29-2010, 09:19 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I got nothing but jelousy
09-29-2010, 09:46 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
I'll miss it as we're on the boat and plan to be under sail tomorrow.

Jer, I do not know what is worse, you showing us this beautiful car again or telling us you are heading out sailing. Bud, its great to be you and if i ever get down to your area we are going sailing! Cheers and have a safe trip bud. JIM

09-30-2010, 06:18 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I got nothing but jelousy
No need for jealousy, my friend, but it is a bunch of fun. Come on down and you can give it spin.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Jer, I do not know what is worse, you showing us this beautiful car again or telling us you are heading out sailing. Bud, its great to be you and if i ever get down to your area we are going sailing! Cheers and have a safe trip bud. JIM
Thanks, buddy and you've got an open invitation.

Jer