Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Spirit Island, Jasper National Park, Canada
Posted By: tranq78, 09-07-2007, 04:39 PM

Spirit Island on Maligne Lake in Jasper National Park, Canada. The turquoise blue of the water is from the fine glacial silt in the water. Maligne Lake is the second largest glacial lake in the world, I believe.

You can see the bigger image here
https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/index.php?n=3227

Last edited by tranq78; 09-07-2007 at 04:52 PM. Reason: fix link, correct typo
Views: 2,144
09-07-2007, 04:49 PM   #2

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the img/link is broken.
09-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Sorry, now fixed.
09-09-2007, 09:41 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Beautiful!!!

09-13-2007, 06:53 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dantuyhoa Quote
Beautiful!!!
Thank you. Jasper is my favorite Canadian national park.
09-13-2007, 12:43 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I love the color of the water. Beautiful.
09-13-2007, 12:53 PM   #7
Veteran Member

It's a great location - recently visited as part of my honeymoon.

It's a nice shot but some foreground interest would have made it even better - I have several shots taken from close to where the boat stops where there was quite a bit of foreground interest - did you happen to take anymore ?

simon
09-14-2007, 03:39 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by simonkit Quote
It's a great location - recently visited as part of my honeymoon.

It's a nice shot but some foreground interest would have made it even better - I have several shots taken from close to where the boat stops where there was quite a bit of foreground interest - did you happen to take anymore ?

simon
Congratulations on your marriage.

Thanks for the idea on including some foreground. I'll keep it in mind next time I visit the island. But when I was there I didn't see much of interest at water level, so I opted for an elevated view instead.

I did take some more pictures, but in this particular image I wanted to draw the viewer's eye to the island and beautiful blue water. It was late in the day and very overcast. Fortunately for a few minutes the clouds opened up and bathed the island in the last few rays of daylight. From the image you can see the light is warm and is almost at a horizontal angle. It was one of those moments when everything came together.

09-15-2007, 12:32 AM   #9
Veteran Member

You achieved you objective - thanks for the congratulations, had a fantastic time in the Rockies, stunning place.

For your next visit here's an idea on some foreground - weather wasn't great when I visited but hopefully it will give you some ideas. Shot was taken immediately to the left of the walkway where the boat docks

simon

QuoteOriginally posted by tranq78 Quote
Congratulations on your marriage.

Thanks for the idea on including some foreground. I'll keep it in mind next time I visit the island. But when I was there I didn't see much of interest at water level, so I opted for an elevated view instead.

I did take some more pictures, but in this particular image I wanted to draw the viewer's eye to the island and beautiful blue water. It was late in the day and very overcast. Fortunately for a few minutes the clouds opened up and bathed the island in the last few rays of daylight. From the image you can see the light is warm and is almost at a horizontal angle. It was one of those moments when everything came together.