Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Karting photo's...-NEW- pictures from 09 Okt
Lens: Pentax-M 135 1:3.5 Camera: Pentax K20D Photo Location: The Netherlands Lelystad 
Posted By: Priyantha Bleeker, 10-03-2010, 03:13 PM

Hi
I would like to share you some photo's I made today at the karting circuit in Lelystad in The Netherlands. I am driving my own kart as well so that's why I am there but I do make also (nearly) every weekend photo's from the others. So I would like to share you all some.
The pictures I am going to share are taken with my Pentax K20D in combination with my manual focus! Pentax-M 135mm 1:3.5 lens. I do use normaly my Pentax-DA* 16-50 1:2.8 but that one is going back to Pentax right now for a repair and I liked to try the old fashioned way :P
The Exif information is there, and if you look at them you will notice the focallength of 85mm, that's a mistake by me by setting up the SR That's because I had in first instance my Pentax-A 50mm 1:1.2 combined with my Pentax-F 1,7x AF adapter attached but the autofocus couldn't keep it up :P
So put my Pentax-M 135 1:3.5 on it and forgot to set the focallength to the right one.
So who needs autofocus ? hehe
Well let's stop the talk and post some pictures...

Last edited by Priyantha Bleeker; 10-10-2010 at 02:29 AM.
Views: 2,449
10-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not bad- 3 and 5 look like they're just about perfect!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Good stuff....manual focus....takes me back....having to work out depth of field, get just the right shutter speed to show movement......and the absolute joy of seeing a developed print come out perfectly!
I used to be very happy sometimes if even just one image out of a 36 role came out perfectly....and I mean.....perfectly......pin sharp race car image, wheels blurred, & blurred background!
Cheers, Pickles.
10-03-2010, 07:04 PM   #4
Forum Member

Nice job on these.

10-10-2010, 02:32 AM   #5

Original Poster
Hi guys

Some new pictures taken yesterday.
I made the pictures with the following equipment:
- Pentax K20D+grip
- Pentax-M 135mm 1:3.5
- Pentax-M 200mm 1:4
- Panagor PMC AUTO TELE f=135mm 1:2.8

First the pictures taken with the Pentax-M 135mm 1:3.5

4. Unfortunately the nose outside the frame

Next pictures are taken with the Panagor 135mm !

6. I wished that I had put the Pentax-M 200 1:4 on that time

Next pictures are all taken with the Pentax-M 200 1:4

10. There was a big crash with a very young kid, he drove over some other kid and flipped upside down...horrible crash but to my knowledge right now he is doing fine apart a broken bone(in Dutch sleutelbeen don't know the English word).

12. Nice youngster with great big eyes

Well I am looking forward for some feedback
Thanks in advance
--
Greetings, Priyantha Bleeker