Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Fall in Canada's Capital
Lens: 16-40 mm Camera: K-7 Photo Location: Ottawa Area 
Posted By: johnnyblades, 10-04-2010, 04:19 PM

Just back from a trip to Ottawa where I was attending my cousin's wedding. The weather wasn't the greatest but it was still great exploring the nation's capital and surrounding areas.

Here are a few shots from the trip.

Before the trip I researched a few spots to take some pictures. One of those locations was an old abandoned mill built by a Canadian inventor name Thomas Willson. My inner GPS was off and I turned a 45 minute trip into a close to 3 hour excursion. Luckily we found another couple looking for the same spot and combined we were able to find it. I was dripping sweat by the end after carrying my camera gear and tripod but it was still easily worth it.

Here is an image I staged at the same spot but I like it and it plays to the patriotic feeling you get when visiting the nations capital.

While walking the parliament grounds I noticed amazing maple leafs on the ground. I love the contrast of colour with the still bright green grass.

Lastly here is the tomb of the unknown canadian soldier. The shadows where amazing and I love how it turned out.
Views: 1,962
10-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
great series. Love that first one
10-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's been a long time - thanks for the memories! It's been some time since I've seen that mill! Wonderful shot...

The War Memorial is always amazing at night. Nice to see the Chateau Laurier and East Block in the background.

FWIW: Sample hike from Historical Walks book (Meech Lake Ruins). There is a link to a small map of the area and a bit on the mill on the aforementioned page. I did have this book at one point...

Regards,
Marc