Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A couple more motorsport shots with the Bigma.
Posted By: blwnhr, 09-10-2007, 03:42 AM

I had a paid gig to shoot some soccer on Saturday morning (photos to come) but in the afternoon I caught the end of a drift practice day. This is basically the sole reason for me buying this lens.

I did some experimenting with shutter speeds, SR on/off etc. I can get repeatable results at 1/500 at the long end (of course everything closer is easy), but by the end of my half-hour session I was starting to get sharp at 1/350 @ 500mm panning. I think with some practice I should be able to repeat this no worries, then I'll aim for 1/250.

Once again, motorsport is way to fast for the SR when panning.

Sorry, but no EXIF. Photobucket killed it and I've got 2000 photos to sort, 2 magazine articles to write and 15 CDs to burn before Friday and have to work, eat and sleep in there sometime too, lol.

I forgot to zoom out for this one, but must say I'm very impressed with the sharpness!

Views: 1,195
09-10-2007, 05:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well done blwnhr . You are right I like the detail on the last one. You and others here on the forum are why I am expecting a ''delivery" tomorrow - don't know what the heck I will shoot initially but I am sure I will find something.
09-10-2007, 11:42 AM   #3
Forum Member

I like the first one the best, but only because I don't like it when the camera is tilted too much in motorsports shots.
09-10-2007, 02:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks Daacon. Can't wait to see your results.

QuoteOriginally posted by Maggie Quote
I like the first one the best, but only because I don't like it when the camera is tilted too much in motorsports shots.
I did the angled shot thing about 18 months ago before everyone jumped on the band-wagon and started taking shots like that, then once everyone was doing it I took flat, normal shots like the first again. Well, now I have a couple of interested parties in flying me 'round the country to shot events and one loves shots on an angle so I was just convincing myself I still knew how to do it, lol.