Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Lillian Lake Pano
Lens: DA18-55 kit Camera: K100DS Photo Location: Lillian Lake, Kananaskis, Alberta ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: Poes Buddy, 10-09-2010, 08:14 PM

Lillian Lake is along Galatea Creek in the Kananaskis area of Alberta.

This was stitched from 13 portrait images and covers 260 degrees. It was hand-held & so has some stitching artifacts due to the moving water and parallax effects. The clouds blew out a bit, but I am partial to how the colours turned out overall though.

Clicking on the image should open a much larger version
Views: 1,979
10-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I stretched the your pano across two 24" monitors and it really jumps out and looks wonderful. Sharp from near to far. I like the colors and although might spend a little time on the blown sky on the left, my vision tends to stop at the detail in the mountains anyway. Only the curvature of the foreground logs hits me a little funny. A really nice print at 24"x60" if you enjoy panos as I do. Thanks for the post.

Just notice you mentioned it was HANDHELD at only f6.7. That makes it an amazing accomplishment.
10-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This pano captured my attention and wouldn't let go. Wonderful.
10-10-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you imtheguy. I appreciate your comments. I enjoy taking panos although to date they've all been handheld & never seen a printer. I'm still starting out, so a good tripod with a pano-type heads remains on the wish list. Of course then I wouldn't get to spin around on a little rock out in the lake with a perspective bending viewfinder to the eye

10-10-2010, 09:17 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you for your comments chemtech.
10-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Good work on this one!
10-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Poes Buddy Quote
Thank you imtheguy. I appreciate your comments. I enjoy taking panos although to date they've all been handheld & never seen a printer. I'm still starting out, so a good tripod with a pano-type heads remains on the wish list. Of course then I wouldn't get to spin around on a little rock out in the lake with a perspective bending viewfinder to the eye
Unless you are including very close foreground items, you can get by fine without the dedicated pano head. Any head that "locks" so that once you level it, it stays level throughout the pano rotation will work fine.