Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Grin and Bear It
Lens: 50-200mm Camera: K-x Photo Location: Kiabab Forest, AZ ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Bob Harris, 10-15-2010, 10:43 AM

Taken near Flagstaff, AZ

Attached Images

Views: 1,882
10-15-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think he is licking his chops wondering if you would taste better raw or lightly grilled... LOL
10-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great shot of the Black Bear ... and indeed are you an appetizer or entree?
10-15-2010, 11:49 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Nice shot, scarily close for a black bear. Is that at 200mm or something shorter? Any post processing? Maybe I'm crazy, but that bokeh looks funny...

10-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments, something that I normally do not get on this forum, guess you have to be in harms way or in a near death situation. The photo was taken at 80mm with my wife yelling at me to get back in the car, lots of stress, but at least the focus is good. I lightened the background so that the bear would stand out, probably something that I should of not done. Not sure what is right or wrong, but I enjoy the hobby and Pentax.
10-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Actually, I rarely go about commenting on photos; you just happened to be on the list of unanswered posts when I decided to start becoming more active in the forums.

That said, I applaud the daring required to get within standard portrait range of a black bear. I'm curious how the shot looks before post; I'm just starting to try my hand at seriously re-tuning my photos in post.
10-20-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Thanks for the comments, something that I normally do not get on this forum, guess you have to be in harms way or in a near death situation. The photo was taken at 80mm with my wife yelling at me to get back in the car, lots of stress, but at least the focus is good. I lightened the background so that the bear would stand out, probably something that I should of not done. Not sure what is right or wrong, but I enjoy the hobby and Pentax.
At least you aren't one of those idiots who has the wife or kids go stand Next to the bear or has the wife take the photo while You go stand next to him. "Would you look at that! They Really ARE wild animals....".

Nice shot..

10-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by m88k Quote
Actually, I rarely go about commenting on photos; you just happened to be on the list of unanswered posts when I decided to start becoming more active in the forums.

That said, I applaud the daring required to get within standard portrait range of a black bear. I'm curious how the shot looks before post; I'm just starting to try my hand at seriously re-tuning my photos in post.
I have tried to upload the original photo, but the site reports file too large, I took it down to 300x200 and it will still not upload. Send me your email and I will send it to you. Bob

Last edited by Bob Harris; 10-21-2010 at 10:49 PM.