Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Historical Manassas VA
Lens: Promaster 28-300mm Camera: K10 Photo Location: Manassas VA 
Posted By: pgfilms, 10-17-2010, 11:58 AM

I was hoping for some advice on how I might be able to make my photos better.

Last edited by pgfilms; 05-04-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Views: 1,515
10-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
Inactive Account

besides straightening, I like these. They need straightened bad tho, the angles make you tilt your head.

I tilted and cropped the gas station image and threw a filter over it to give it a new view.

I thought thre tree on left in #1 was distracting, Try to figure out the subject in the photo and make sure to lead the eye to that subject. #3and #4 are my favorites, just need straightened

Hope you like

Last edited by nmrecording; 10-17-2010 at 01:06 PM.
10-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
Inactive Account

sorry the pincushion effect distorted the beam on the left, sorry. But you get an idea

Last edited by nmrecording; 10-17-2010 at 01:09 PM.
10-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My first implulse is to say by not bothering to shoot in Manassas? I'm kidding. I live there. We drove through "old town" yesterday and there's nothing left of what is old about it. It's weird. Everything is either shut down, or a bank or something. Or new construction. The rail pavilion is kind of cool though. I haven't wandered through there to shoot in ages although I'm just a few miles away. I think I will again soon though.

One thing you can do, is perhaps try for a different angle rather than straight on from feet. Go wider, closer up, zoom in on detail, get lots of sky. Try for a different way of seeing thing. When I was teaching photography to kids this summer past (at the Lorton Workhouse) one of hte exercises I had them do was an "all angles" shoot. They were to pick one object and shoot it from every angle possible. And when they ran out of ideas, find some more. I told them that if they hadn't laid down on the ground at some point of their shooting, they weren't finished.

Also, if you live in this area, be sure to check out the forums national capitol area pentaxians. We get together periodically for food and shooting and general into trouble getting and is a lot of fun.