Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
(Canadian) Snowbirds and (Blue) Angels
Lens: Pentax DA 55-300 Camera: Pentax Kx Photo Location: Marietta, Georgia ISO: 800 
Posted By: Scottie137, 10-18-2010, 12:12 PM

Went out to Dobbins Airforce base yesterday for the Wings Over Atlanta Airshow. Had a great time, challenging lighting conditions with a perfectly cloudless sky and mid afternoon sun, but the Kx acquitted itself well. My daughter was warm and tired by this point in the day, so I ended up taking some pics with her sitting on my shoulders (she is 5 1/2 so not that little anymore). I ended up with a couple spots on the sensor (probably when I changed lenses) so PP'ing the pics is taking some time. Here are a view that I managed to finish last night.

Attached Images

Views: 2,154
10-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good job, very sharp- that was some really difficult light conditions, wasn't it? I'm dealing with some nice sun burn from Saturday, even with 50 sunscreen. There was fine dust everywhere. The Kx really has nice color, and it looks like ISO 800 is about like ISO 200 or less on a K20D! Isn't the 55-300 great?
10-18-2010, 03:54 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
The light was super harsh! I was part of the Medical Response Team (kinda) and so got to make use of the building on occasion to get out of the sun. That meant that I couldn't get up to the edge of the runway though. I browsed your pics. I liked them, were you also using the 55-300?
10-19-2010, 07:10 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Had a chance to PP a few more. Hate that the sensor got so much dust on it. Still trying to clean them all off.

Attached Images

10-20-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Scottie137 Quote
The light was super harsh! I was part of the Medical Response Team (kinda) and so got to make use of the building on occasion to get out of the sun. That meant that I couldn't get up to the edge of the runway though. I browsed your pics. I liked them, were you also using the 55-300?
Thanks- yes, used the 55-300 as well. What a great lens. When I was going through the metal detectors to get on a bus at Lockeed, there was a guy laid out just on the other side- probably a diabetic problem. I thought, oh crap, one down...