Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Fall, before it's gone
Lens: 50mm 1.7 M Camera: K20D 
Posted By: suliabryon, 10-21-2010, 07:13 PM

I still have no idea what I'm doing, but I think I'm improving some. I took a walk tonight and snapped some obligatory Fall color shots.

I really like the contrast between the green juniper and the red...whatever that bush is in the first one. I had some others of just the red bush, but they were far less interesting to look at than those with the green juniper in the foreground. In the second, I liked how the leaves were sort of layered. I think that has to do with depth of field, but I'm so new to this I may be misunderstanding the concept.

Comments and critique are welcome! Seriously, I'm just reading books and manuals and trying to absorb the terminology at this point. Everything sounds so complicated, but I'm sure it will become simpler as my understanding grows.

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Views: 2,283
10-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm still very much learning myself, but it seems like the top image is a little soft. Also, I would have maybe tried a wider shot too and maybe a different angle with more green in the background to really make the red stand out boldly.

Beautiful colors. Keep them coming!
10-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
Millionth Poster!

Photos: Gallery | Albums
first shot increase your depth of field f 8.0 or higher. this will increase the amount of the picture in focus and sharpen up the image.
second shot very nice, maybe tighten up image and focus on only a few of the leaves.