Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Just be still
Lens: DA L 55-300 Camera: K-x Photo Location: Orange Beach, AL ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: >6s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: BlueBubbleBoy, 10-22-2010, 05:14 AM

Seems like I tell my kids this all the time (see title).
Was setting up for a sunrise shot one morning at the beach and noticed this guy by the water being perfectly still. Quickly changed lenses and got this one shot off before the seagulls came in. The heron I guess didn't like that too much, chased them away and then flew off. Didn't get a chance for a second attempt. Bummer I've got some motion blur on the bird, but I enjoyed the opportunity for the attempt.

Last edited by BlueBubbleBoy; 02-08-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Views: 1,700
10-22-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The blur is OK by me. The long shutter speed has captured a mood that doesn't require absolute sharpness except on the rocks. A very pleasing image.
10-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
The blur is OK by me. The long shutter speed has captured a mood that doesn't require absolute sharpness except on the rocks. A very pleasing image.
Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated!