Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
THE BEAUTY "It's right under our nose"
Lens: Pentax 18-250 & DA 55-300 Camera: K20d Photo Location: Backyard--Saugus Ma ISO: 400 
Posted By: charliezap, 10-24-2010, 07:49 AM

This is a spectacular time of year in the New England area.My property is bordered on 2 sides by conservation land and I only have to go out on the deck to take advantage of what nature has to offer. I guess I have the best of 2 worlds with US Rte 1 only a 1/2 mile away with all its buisnesses really close at hand in the 3 mile Saugus Ma. strip. The bird shots were taken with the DA 55-300mm from 6-10ft away.I guess the birds know who feeds them and they let me get fairly close---CharlieZap
PS---for all those new people to the forum check out my latest contest with prizes that is currently in progress.It's going to run for a while and everyone is welcome.
Here's the link-----https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/115684-thematic-show-me-your-pulitzer-contest-prizes-starts-today.html

Attached Images

Last edited by charliezap; 10-24-2010 at 07:53 AM. Reason: proper link to contest
Views: 2,124
10-24-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots - New England is beautiful this time of year and you get all the colors that we don't here in Texas. Very cool you have your birds 'trained' to pose for you

Paul
10-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

nice shots charlie..... beautiful vista behind your home.... and as always, your whimsy in the last shot is priceless..... by the way... are ya givin' big discounts on the k-5 at your photo store ???
dave m
10-25-2010, 02:57 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Nice shots - New England is beautiful this time of year and you get all the colors that we don't here in Texas. Very cool you have your birds 'trained' to pose for you

Paul
Thanks Paul---It's nice to sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee and see the birds just outside the window.---charliezap

10-25-2010, 04:50 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Looks like you live in a kinky neighborhood there Charlie... LOL Nice shots of the birds.

Mike
10-25-2010, 06:24 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Indeed you have some nice scenary very accessible - and as for the signs haha nicely done ! I think that would be a popular place may have to twin the off ramp
10-25-2010, 07:01 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey Capn - lots of fun in this series. Need any help at the Pleasure Palace?

Jer

10-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
nice shots charlie..... beautiful vista behind your home.... and as always, your whimsy in the last shot is priceless..... by the way... are ya givin' big discounts on the k-5 at your photo store ???
dave m
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Looks like you live in a kinky neighborhood there Charlie... LOL Nice shots of the birds.

Mike
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Indeed you have some nice scenary very accessible - and as for the signs haha nicely done ! I think that would be a popular place may have to twin the off ramp
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey Capn - lots of fun in this series. Need any help at the Pleasure Palace?

Jer
Thanks everyone for the feedback.As a token of my appreciation everyone gets 50% off at Zap's Photo World and it's my treat at the Pleasure Palace.--charliezap-
10-26-2010, 10:47 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Thanks everyone for the feedback.As a token of my appreciation everyone gets 50% off at Zap's Photo World and it's my treat at the Pleasure Palace.--charliezap-
+ 1 charlie....... do ya give green stamps as well..... dave m
10-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
+ 1 charlie....... do ya give green stamps as well..... dave m
S&H green stamps are not on the agenda but at the Pleasure Palace anything goes.--Charliezap