Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Museum of Anthropology - Vancouver
Posted By: lats, 10-24-2010, 11:00 AM

Hi all,

I've posted this in the lens discussion forum, then realised I should really post it here.

I spent a couple of hours up at the Museum of Anthropology here in Vancouver on the weekend. It was designed by Arthur Erickson and who is perhaps one of the best known Vancouver based Architects. He passed away in 2009 leaving Vancouver with some of it's most adventurous buildings.

While on the shoot I was lucky enough to meet the Landscape Architect (Cornelia Oberlander) who was showing some friends around. The Reflection pond was in her original landscape design but was removed during the construction process due to budgetary constraints (Sounds like a familiar storey to me). It was added this year much to her joy and to the benefit of the building and its surrounds.

I intend to return to this building during the various seasons over the next year and will continue to post updates as I do so.

I'm going to post a couple of shots below, but you can see an Album of 10 shots (a couple taken with the Sigma 10-20) in my Museum of Anthropology Shoot 1 Album.

I would love any comments and critism on the images from a Photographic point of view. Any C and C from any other Architects in the crowd would also be most appreciated. I'll be shooting work for my office over the next year and the goal is to do the best job I can for them.

Here's a couple of the images. If you go to the Album, you'll be able to see the Metadata for each. I should note that there is minimal PP in these (dust spots etc). My aim is to get it right on site.

IMAGE 1

IMAGE 2

IMAGE 3

IMAGE 4

IMAGE 5
Views: 2,550
10-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very interesting architecture. #s 3 and 5 are particularly nice. Well done!

Mike
10-24-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
love those last 3 shots.... great subject, the lighting makes all the difference..
captured very well..... thanks for sharing, dave m
10-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Third one is absoultely amazing. Loved it

10-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Location: Living in Vancouver, BC, born in Melbourne Australia
Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments.
One of Vancouvers most well known buildings. If you ever visit, the experience it provides is really something.

Cheers

Andrew
10-25-2010, 02:59 AM   #6

I really like the look of image 3 - I think I would crop the bottom to get rid of that sand though.
Nice work.
10-25-2010, 12:14 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Very nice set. I like nr 3 to. Very cool place!