Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Rodeo girls - Retake .
Posted By: dantuyhoa, 09-15-2007, 09:41 PM

Got a call from the client, he wanted me to think about doing another shoot. So I just look around some old photos to refresh my mind.

\

C & C are welcome as always
Views: 2,456
09-16-2007, 07:28 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
As you have stated C & C is welcome I will take you up on it. I will preface this by stating right now that I am not a pro photographer - but i did work for many years in advertising. Anyway I will tell you what I know was expected from a model shoot for an ad campaign here in perth Australia.

1st Shot = Love it - but Bra straps are usually a big no no (unless that is the look you were after) but to me it detracts from the shot overall. Perhaps a hint of face would be nice also but that is subjective.

2nd shot - nice idea and good B&W conversion but it looks as if she has whiskers on her chin and goose bumps aren't attractive in my opinion.

3rd shot - Again very good idea - but maybe I am a little warped but that shadow looks a little rude to me (if you can't see it then it is just my warped mind).

4th Shot - Awesome shot, absolutely love it - I would suggest cloning out the power lines and (sorry) the bra strap.

I sincerely hope my CC is taken the way I mean it to be and I will say again I am by no means worthy of offering a critique but it is just how I respond to the pics.
09-16-2007, 09:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for C & C , Falcons .

Don't worry . Your comments are greatly appreciated . I am just a regular working guy doing photography for the pure joy of it. But I do get calls from friends of friends to do paid shoot . I guess hours of wandering around taking photos got noticed . I know for sure there are a great number of experts in this forum with various background in photography so any CC I can get is wonderful .

The owner is producing surf boards by hand. He is also country-cowboy ( US ,that is ) type. We had some talks and decided to do a natural , home-style shoot with minimal PP to reflect/market his approach . I did the best I can to convey this look .

I agree with the bra strap thingy but that is how the young ladies dressing up around here nowaday : Lots things showing up or nothing at all !

You do have a good eyes for details. But the guy likes the shot with whiskers and goose bumps ! Perhaps I should have a talk with him again . That Sigma 18-50/2.8 EX DC is quite sharp !

3rd and 4th was just snap shots for fun but he likes them ,again . He wants a playful look . Yes that power lines must go for sure .

Over all , it was magnificent learning experience for me : Not only I was shoot with "guide line ' in mind but dealing with people is also a large part of photography , in this case .
Thanks again , Falcons .
09-16-2007, 09:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here are some shots with the face :

Last edited by dantuyhoa; 09-16-2007 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Typo , again :) !
09-16-2007, 07:36 PM   #5
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Luv that last one. Both subject and composition.
09-16-2007, 09:31 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
m8o ,

Thanks . We did decide to do B&W so I tried to use all the background with great texture in mind . I was planning my shots. Very cool for me .
09-17-2007, 08:01 AM   #7
Forum Member

The last shot on your second post is really awesome. Nice shots.

09-17-2007, 09:31 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pretty cool shots!
09-25-2007, 11:29 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Dave . I really like your calendar posts . Great lessons for me.
09-26-2007, 08:40 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Can't add much more to previous comments. Really like the last photo in each of the two series, but especially the girl on horseback one.

Paul
09-28-2007, 11:03 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks ,Paul. Lots of people like that shot .

Here is another shot of her... foot