Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A Welsh mountain hike
Posted By: simonkit, 09-16-2007, 04:57 AM

Great day for hiking yesterday so made a dash to the mountains - a few shots, taken with Samsung GX-10

simon

Views: 2,128
09-16-2007, 06:17 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi Simon,

I like these pictures, they have decent compositions, but there is something very surreal about them. It looks like you may have used some sort of filter in photoshop, I dont know I cant put my finger on it
09-16-2007, 06:37 AM   #3
Inactive Account

I would have thought you'd be drowning your sorrows after the Wallabies beat you in the Rugby!

Looks like a nice spot to go hiking - I love seeing the variety of landscapes people from different parts of this big blue planet post on this forum - thanks.
09-16-2007, 06:43 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Both Simon and Thomas are displaying parts of the UK I never knew existed; the wild, rugged and mountainous parts. I really need to come the UK and take my time touring around these beautiful areas. It is definitely on my '10 things to do before I die' list

Like Thomas says the pictures have a bit of an odd look to them; not horrible in any way but just different - softened or slightly desaturated - I am not sure what to call it. Maybe you could explain? Which lens are you using, by the way?

Thanks for sharing!

09-16-2007, 07:28 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Well Jeff its not to far across the pond I have to say I would love to see Canada sometime in my life, just got to save some pennies!
09-16-2007, 09:21 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Beautiful country. I didn't know the UK had places like that, thanks for sharing. I agree that the pictures seem to have a different quality about them. Almost like an old slide film?
09-16-2007, 11:20 AM   #7
Veteran Member

No. 2 is stunning. What will it be first Newfoundland or Wales - life truly is too short.
Well done Simon.

09-16-2007, 12:35 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments everyone - must admit that I've often had comments from people from the US/Canada who were suprised at the scenery the UK has to offer, to be honest North Wales is only a small part of the spectacular landscapes of the UK. The Lake District & particularly the west coast of Scotland are pretty fantastic.

Just spent my honeymoon in Canada/Alaska & WOW, the Rockies & Glacier Bay on the Inside Passage blew me away - got some great shots too !!

Regarding PP, to be honest I try to PP as little as possible prefering more natural looking shots - these have had a Raw conversion in ACR4.1 & some "local Contrast Enhancement" in CS3, that's about it so sometimes people do comments that they need a "bit more work" - they probably would have more impact but it's not really my taste.

Lens wise I use the Sigma 17-70 which I find perfect for this type of photography, which is pretty much 95% of my interest

thanks

simon
09-16-2007, 03:52 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like you were on the Glyders

Nice shots... nice weather

dave k
09-16-2007, 07:08 PM   #10
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm wondering if you shot them in JPEG or RAW, and how much sharpening was done in RAW or what the sharpening level was if JPEG?